Somewhere over the moon river

| comments

Jean Paul Gaultier was an absolute genius this couture season. Sometimes I like his stuff, sometimes I detest it, but this time around I was head-over-heels in love with his clothes.

I loved the rich hues and vibrant fabrics, the accentuating details that made looks even more attractive than they already were. I enjoyed especially the cut of each dress, how each dress or piece was cut in a clever and unique fashion, and yet they were all still flattering to the model's figure, without being too boring. The turbans were such a neat touch too, and it made me want to find the nearest turban store, something that I've never wanted to do really since those Prada turbans came around back in the Spring of '07.

But what I enjoyed most of all was the overall look of the clothes. Many people have already pointed this out, but I too found a striking resemblance to what would be Audrey Hepburn's modern-day wardrobe. There was certainly a Breakfast at Tiffany's inspiration, but what I found was some of the clothes even took it a bit further. Many of them seemed almost as if Holly Golightly, in her modern outfits, had made her way to the Land of Oz. There was just that whimsical feel to many of the clothes, especially in the later pieces, and I absolutely adored it. A perfect balance between chic and whimsical. I love it.

The modern-day Holly Golightly

Holly in the Land of Oz (especially Jessica Stam's green dress; total Ozian!)

The flying monkeys attacking Holly's wardrobe (?)

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger