making something out of nothing...

| comments

(images not mine; Fiveloaves Twofish spring/summer 2010 collection)

If you haven't heard of Fiveloaves Twofish yet, you will soon! The local children's and women's handmade clothing line has only been around for a few years, but this fall the children's line is expanding to other boutiques, and the store's popularity is expanding rapidly. And why wouldn't it? The store offers both ready-to-wear and custom clothing, all made in the store. It is a rare concept, especially in a world of mass-market production and quantity instead of quality. And, although many stores boast "unique" clothing, Fiveloaves Twofish is one of the only stores I've ever been to that can truly call their creations unique.

I have been fortunate enough to become a summer intern for the store, and it is one of the best experiences of my lifetime. I've been taking sewing lessons with one of the owners for about a year and a half now, and now I am working for the store, doing all the things that I dream of doing someday as a designer for my own line. I'm cutting and sewing clothes, learning about PR and contacting other boutiques that will hopefully begin carrying the line, and figuring out how to run a small business, just by coming in a few days a week and working for them. The owners, Kit and Heather (who are also sisters) have been so gracious and sweet, and they have inspired me to pursue my dreams of entering the fashion world in ways that they probably can't even imagine.

Check it out if you get the chance. You won't be disappointed. :)
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger