| comments

Now that the Globes are over, it's time to compare my dress predictions to what the stars actually wore. Were they as good as my expectations? Let's see.

Natalie Portman

 Natalie shocked everyone when she chose a Viktor and Rolf dress as opposed to Dior or Rodarte, like we were expecting, but I love it nonetheless. The color is stunning, and the flower is quirky enough to make it unusual but not tacky.

Halle Berry
  Halle brought the indecisive skirt trend to the red carpet in this vintage Nina Ricci frock. It's so totally Halle and I actually love it, contrary to what some are saying. It shows off her rockin' bod while still keeping with the formal look. Absolutely stunning.

Nicole Kidman
 One of the most disappointing looks of the evening. I'd been hoping that Nicole would get out of her style rut, but alas, she's still stuck with this boring Prada dress. I really wanted to see something exciting on her, but I guess it's time to face the facts: Nicole is no longer a style inspiration.

Michelle Williams
 Another disappointing style moment. This Valentino dress is pretty, but the color is awfully boring and the dress doesn't seem to fit right. I was really hoping that Michelle was going to make more of a statement, and I guess she did, but not a good one. 

Anne Hathaway
 I had wanted Anne to show some skin, but this Armani Prive dress is even better than I could have imagined! It's sexy in a mysterious way, the color is perfect on her, and the simple hair and makeup go so wonderfully with the sparkly dress. And the shoulder pads - awesome.

Emma Stone
 So I'm stumped here. I think Emma looked lovely in this chic and sleek Calvin Klein dress, but...I don't know. I feel that this look was too old for her. I mean, don't get me wrong, she looked flawless, but I wish she would have gone for something younger looking. Still, she looked good. 

Julianne Moore
 Well, I was right about the Lanvin. And that she's been picking the wrong Lanvin dresses. But I had thought that Julianne had gotten over that. Unfortunately not. I actually think this dress would have been fine if that atrocious shoulder was cut off, but I cannot get over how ugly it is like that.

Angelina Jolie
 Angelina and Anne had very similar dresses, but I enjoyed both of them. Angelina still went for a more conservative look in this Atelier Versace dress, but the color was so absolutely flawless and the sparkle was so pretty that it gave the dress an A-list quality. Well done, Angie.

Mila Kunis
 This Vera Wang dress was perfect for Mila and went so beautifully with her coloring, but the hair was too much, I think. Still, I'm glad she went for something bright and colorful, and the cut of the dress was perfect. 

Amy Adams
I actually like this Marchesa dress more than the one I had picked out for Amy. The color is gorgeous and doesn't wash her pale skin out, and the details on the hip and shoulder add some interest to this dress. And I must say, the hair is perfect- natural and relaxed to balance out the fancy dress.

Tina Fey
   I was so excited to see that Piper Perabo actually wore this Oscar de la Renta dress to the show- I knew it had star appeal! But I wasn't so excited when I realized that Tina wouldn't be wearing it, and my mind fretted about the possibilities of Tina's dress. After last year's atrocity, I guess this dress is alright, but I still don't like it. Also, I wish Tina would have worn her hair down. All these updos look so silly.

Lea Michelle
  I was right about the Oscar de la Renta, but Lea went for a more princess-like gown and full pink. Some say it's too much, but this was one of my favorite outfits of the night. And once again, her relaxed hair balances out the formal dress. 

Clair Danes
  Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Though not as big of a fashion statement as the fringe Louis Vuitton number on the left, Clair Danes managed to impress me in this hot pink Calvin Klein dress. It was simple but absolutely gorgeous, and her natural makeup and hair create a statement without being too over-the-top.

Sofia Vergara
 It's no secret that Sofia likes the va-va-voom dresses, and I applaud her for being so proud of her, ahem, assets, but I don't really care for this dress. It just feels cheap, and I really want to see Sofia channel her sexiness in a less-is-more kind of way, you know? But God, that girl could wear a burlap sack and still attract men from near and far.


And now for some stars that weren't included in the initial post but I need to talk about anyways:

 One of my favorite looks of the night by far, January Jones donned this rockin' fringe Versace dress that had all eyes on her. And her hair! I wish I could get mine to look like that.

 So I've gone back and forth on this film several times, and I still can't make up my mind about this Burberry dress that Leighton Meester chose to wear. I agree that it's rather grandma-like, but in the way that twenty-year-olds interpret the look. I just don't know. What do you guys think about it?

 Thank goodness someone went with Marc Jacobs! Heidi Klum knows how to work a fashion statement, and although the general public might not understand how freaking awesome this outfit is, I freaked out when I saw the dress last night. Fabulous!

And my absolute favorite outfit of the night?

Olivia Wilde
    She was the first dress I saw and it was love at first sight- I knew that this was going to be my favorite look of the night. Olivia seems so tough and sexy, and so when she showed up with this frou-frou princess Marchesa gown with her blunt bangs, I basically freaked. AND THE SPARKLES! (I've determined that this is going to be the year of the sparkle) But wait! It get's better! She lifts up the hem of her dress and reveals these fabulous gold Christian Louboutin booties, and it's like but no one's going to see them! but they're fabulous anyways. Just a beautiful look altogether. 


(all images from Style.com) 
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger