Save the Last Dance for Me

| comments

Gosh, I feel so bad, I haven't posted in what feels like forever. School has been a whirlwind lately, and for the most part I've been doing quick fashion updates via my tumblr.

But here I am, back on the blog, so let's get this show on the road:

In less than a month I will finally get to go to that dance we all hold so dear in our teenage hearts: oh yes, prom. Now I know for those of you who have already experienced high school in all its glory, prom is probably an embarrassing distant memory, but I have been brainwashed by the Disney Channel and 80s teen movies into believing prom will be the greatest moment of my young life, so cut me some slack for being excited.

But above the venue, the music, the limo, the after party, and whatever else comes with the prom extravaganza, I am (of course) most excited to find that perfect dress. And while I think I have found that dress (A pink vintage fifties prom dress that fits the definition of a wearable cupcake perfectly) it's always fun to play make-believe and pretend that I'm browsing through Rodarte and Jason Wu gowns for my perfect prom dress.

Some dresses I can only dream of wearing:

Collette Dinnigan Spring 2011
Love the beaded bodice and the petticoat-style skirt

Christian Dior Fall 2011
I think I mentioned this before when reviewing Dior's fall show, but man, this dress is gorgeous

Stella McCartney Fall 2011
I always love a good halter, and the polka dot overlay is stunning

Valentino Fall 2010 Couture
A bubble skirt and a pop of pink are sure to make a statement

Alexander McQueen Fall 2008

If I'm going for ultra-dramatic

Christian Lacroix Spring 2009 Couture

I've always loved Lacroix, and this dress is perfectly girly for me!

Rodarte Fall 2008

I remember seeing this dress at Barney's and falling in love- it's like a fairy dress!




Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger