Heading South

| comments

Last night my mommy and I saw The Help and I was most pleasantly surprised. It was an extremely entertaining movie with plenty of moments of laughter and sadness as the tale of two black maids from Jackson, Mississippi, unfolds. Emma Stone was good, but even more phenomenal was the exceptionally wicked Hilly, played by Bryce Dallas Howard, and Minny (Octavia Spencer), one of the hilariously sassy maids that confesses her stories to Stone's Skeeter. It was just a very well-done movie that I hope earns many awards because, for me, at least, it had it all.

Of course, a movie about the South in the sixties can only be so good without tremendous costumes and scenery. I feel this is where The Help pleased me the most, as the costumes were all outstanding. It has made me even more anxious to finish the sixties-inspired shirtdress I'm working on, and I feel confident with my recent purchase of pink-with-white-polka-dots cat-eye sunglasses now (even though my friend says I look "ridiculous").





 




(images from IMDB.com)

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger