Une Vie Yves Saint Laurent

| comments

So...Paris!

Oh, how I wish I had been there longer, but I did manage to sneak in a few real treats during my visit. The best one, in my opinion?


The Yves Saint Laurent Retrospective at the Petit Palais. I hadn't any idea it was there, but my mom and I were walking around and spotted signs for it, and we just had to go check it out. If you are as big a fan of fashion as I am and you're in Paris while the exhibit is still on display, I highly recommend it.

There were fifteen different rooms, each filled with the late designer's most impeccable pieces from every period of his career. I swear, there were probably around four-hundred different looks altogether. And the way everything was arranged- oh, it was beautiful.


Just a few highlights, but really, each and every outfit is magical on its own. It is just amazing to see the amount of detail and work that goes into every individual outfit. I mean, I get frustrated when I have to hand sew buttons on. Just think sewing on every last sequin on a ballgown! Fantastic.

So if you get the chance, try to stop by the show. You will not be disappointed, I promise.

(images not mine)
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger