Resort- Favorite Collections

| comments

     
I know, I know. You've probably gotten sick of me talking about resort and how fantastic the clothes have been, but I haven't even told you my overall favorite collections! These are the shows that really stood out to me and made me say "Wow! I want those clothes so bad!"



Cynthia Rowley

I think this is such a fun collection, without being too over the top. I feel like this is kind of the girl who stayed home during vacation, but still dressed up. I especially love the bathing suit, the play on the argyle sweater, and that sequin top, I would wear any day of the week. I also love the different blues on the navy dress. I think that is such a beautiful detail.

Giambattista Valli

 Sometimes I cannot stand neutrals in vast quantities, but I absolutely adore this collection. The fabrics, the cuts, the details- everything is done so elegantly! Here are some of my favorites, but I did have to leave some out because I enjoyed this collection so much. I've been looking for a suitable shirt dress for about forever, and I think I have found my favorites! I also love the eyelet and giraffe-print dresses (giraffes are my favorite!) and the evening gown is just the icing on a lovely fashion cake.

Nina Ricci

 You know I have a soft spot for anything pink, and so Nina Ricci instantly became one of my favorites. But it's not just the colors she used, but how she used them, that made this such a wonderful collection. The mastery of layering and draping was made quite apparent in this show, and I for one found it absolutely lovely. A personal favorite is the pink with white lace overlay dress in the middle. I think it is so stunning and embodies much of what Nina Ricci is all about.

Peter Jensen

Maybe I just love the set, but Peter Jensen was certainly one of my top picks for this year's resort shows. I've been following the designer for a while now and each season I fall in love with the clothes, but something about this show is so fun and theatrical, not just the outfits but the whole presentation, and I love it. All the bright, primary colors and geometric shapes- it's all so whimsical and amusing. Another job well done for one of my favorite designers.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger