Full Circle

| comments

By now it is blatantly obvious that I am a lover of all things girly and poofy and prom-like. For several seasons now I have felt out of place with my particular tastes amongst all the sporty minimalists and edgy daredevils out there. I've never been one to say no to embellishment or petticoats, and so I've felt a sense of sadness each year as Celine and Alexander Wang -and I adore them, I do, they are so stylish, just not for me- continued to reign supreme among editors and buyers.

But alas, with the resort collections out and a new spring season just around the river bend, there have been flashes of hope! That my favorite fairy princess gowns and ballet-inspired ensembles are rising in popularity again. The little girl in me is brimming with joyful anxiousness as we see what spring 2012 will bring, but for now, there is evidence that I will not be so "off" with my fashions (in terms of going with the current crazes of the fashion world, although really, who wants to simply be a trend follower?) soon enough!

Top: Lela Rose, Marc Jacobs, Marchesa. Bottom: Richard Nicoll, Moschino, Marc Jacobs
The fifties are in full swing with huge full circle skirts and layers upon layers of tulle and taffeta. Skirts are also back to more modest lengths, but have great versatility and the ability to look casual (Lela Rose), playful (Richard Nicoll), and even sultry (Moschino). These skirts are not just for Disney princesses and fifties prom queens any more!

(images from style.com)
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Fashion Barbie Copyright © 2011. Fashion Barbie - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger